Business before Pleasure:
1. What inspired you to write your first book? I was reading too many stories that were blending and that were sounding too similar. My mind kept finding ways to make the story come to life for me. That’s how the idea of me writing came about.
2. How much real life do you put into or influences your books? The situations are made up but I do infuse my main characters with a bit of me. I like to say that a strand of my DNA is built into them.
3. What is the hardest part of writing for you? Making the story come to life the same way as I envision it. The story doesn’t always translate into paper the same way as I see it.
4. What are your current projects? I currently have too many of them to count! As soon as a story comes to mind I stop whatever I’m doing and write whatever came to mind. That way when I’m ready to work on that story I have something to work with.
5. How do you go about choosing the title for your book(s)? Very rarely does the title come to me before the story. It usually comes as I’m working on the story.
6. What is your favorite genre to write? I LOVE writing both shifter and naughty contemporary romances. I do have other types on stories I’m currently working on but these two are my absolute favorite!
7. Generally, how long does it take you to complete a book from idea to handing it over to your publisher? It depends on the book plus how busy I am with everything else that goes on. Right now I’d say it takes about three months for me to go through the whole process.
8. Do you ever use someone in your life as a sounding board for ideas or do you prefer to work alone? I work alone.
9. Do your travel to research for your book(s)? No. I don’t do any traveling. Thank goodness for Google.
10. Did you learn anything while writing your book(s)? Always. There’s always so much to learn about locations and people and things in general.
11. Have you ever had an idea for a book but never written it and what is it? Whichever idea comes to my mind I write. Then I prioritize but I do hope to get eventually to every single one.
12. When writing, do you have a process? I don’t always envision the beginning of a story. First, I let the story take place in my mind. Once I have most of it figured out, I begin typing it. Then as I write it, more of the story come to me. Characters come to life, and they help guide the story towards its end.
13. Do you have any advice for new authors looking to make their literary statement? Just write what you love. Forget about what others might think of it. This is your story, and you must love it first. If you doubt it, if you don’t love it then chances are no one else will.
14. How many books have you written? Do you have a particular favorite? Complete books I’ve got ten of them.
15. Why did you choose to self- publish instead of using a publisher? I have a full-time job, I’m a mother of two small children and I don’t want to deal with a deadline. I want to be able to write my stories at my own pace and self-publishing grants me the flexibility I need at this time.
16. Where do your ideas come from? They can come from anything and everything. I can be watching TV and a commercial comes up that triggers a plot or a character and I go with it. Or I can be reading the newspaper and something on it ignites my creativity.
17. How many books do you currently have published? Ten
18. Are you working on anything right now? Yes, I’m working on a few stories at this time.
19. Do you have a favorite Hero or Heroine from any of your books and why? Yes, Lexi Valentina because she will kick ass on book three of the King of Alphas. Yes, I know some of my readers have been waiting to see her use her abilities. And for hero it is Leon ( Lexi Valentina’s son). He too will show great growth in book three.
20. Do you have anything you would like to say to your current readers or to those that haven't yet read your work(s)? If you have read my books, thank you. If you haven’t why not? I’ve got three free books right now. Get them and read them! ;-)
More About You ~ The Fun and the Naughty
1. Share one thing about yourself that would surprise people who know you. That I’m a writer. None of my friends know that I write.
2. Doggy style, cow girl or missionary? Depends on the mood but mostly doggy style.
3. What secret sinful pleasure do you keep hidden in your cupboards? Bite size brownies.
4. Are you a wine or beer kinda gal? Wine for me. It relaxes me after a stressful day.
5. If you could go anywhere at all on your next vacation where would you go. To a quiet villa in Tuscany where I could eat lots of pasta, drink great wine and write.
6. If you could choose any hot famous guy to take with you who would it be and why? Henry Cavill. Why? Because is is delicious! His height, eyes, body type, smile, hair, must I really go on?
7. Thong, Bikinis, Granny Panties, or Boy shorts? Thong
8. Are you a dress up in heels or a jeans and flats woman? Jeans and flats mostly for me. I dress up only when I need to.
9. Homebody or Party all the time girl? Homebody
10. Tall, Dark and Deadly or Smart and Sexy or Athletic and Funny? Jeez why must I choose? I look for a certain amount of attraction and chemistry first. Then I check for those traits.
11. Significant other or Tearing up the town free and clear? I could do both.
12. Favorite social network and why? Facebook. Because is where I can connect with my awesome readers!
13. What was your "dream" job as a child? Doctor. That is until I realized I’d have to spend at least another 12 years at college for what I wanted to do.
14. What was the worst job you ever had while working towards being a published author? I’ve only done two types of jobs during my entire professional life and neither has been horrible so I guess I can’t complain.
15. What would be your next best choice if not writing as a career? I’d continue working in the finance industry.
About Your Latest Release
My newest release will be Permanence, Alessandra Powell Five.
Introduce us to the main characters: Alessandra O’Brien (AKA Powell), Jameson O’Brien and Kyle Davis.
How do these two meet? Alessandra and Jameson have known each other since childhood. They got married and are now living the dream.
How would you characterize their relationship in one word answers, start, middle and end? Friends, Best friends, soulmates.
What three words would you use to describe this story? Unique, passionate, rollercoaster ride.
In this installment Alessandra and Jameson survive the latest attack but they suffered a great loss. Now, they are picking up the pieces and carrying on with their lives.
Welcome, authors! Here you will find the perfect home for all your book matters.